Thompson Creek Window Company® specializes in replacement window installation. Window replacement can yield near-immediate improvements in comfort and energy efficiency. Furthermore, according to a Cost Vs. Value Report from Remodeling Magazine, replacement projects continue to perform better in resale value compared to other types of home improvements.
How do you know when it’s time to replace a window?
- Cracked, broken or missing glass. These obvious issues can create safety hazards and contribute to higher utility bills.
- Drafts leaking in from the outside. This is a common issue with single pane windows, which do not provide good insulation from weather.
- Solar heat gain from not blocking out radiant heat. This can contribute to increased cooling costs in the summer and cause damage to home furnishings.
- Foggy or cloudy glass. This occurs when the seal between two panes of glass in a double-pane window has broken.
- Visible rot. Wood windows can rot over time and require ongoing maintenance.
- Water damage to walls or inside the home. Wood frames can weaken and rot, allowing water to seep into walls or into the home itself.
- Windows installed before 1978. These windows likely contain lead paint – a hazard for you and your family.
With advancements in window design, engineering and manufacturing, today’s replacement windows are more durable and energy efficient than windows built even 10 years ago.
In fact, Thompson Creek’s® vinyl replacement window is AAMA-tested for strength and durability and can endure dramatic wind (153 miles per hour) and heavy rain (11.52 inches per hour). What’s more, our replacement windows come with unique identification codes – so if your replacement window is ever damaged, we can easily review your home’s specifications and get you a new custom window quickly.